Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 47

I went to see my Nana tonight after work. She had been in the hospital for 4 or 5 days due to dehydration, Bronchitis, confustion/dementia, and lack of food. She is 87 years old; survived cancer twice! What a trooper she has been. She was... is so sweet. Was very weak, but in good spirits. She thought I was my mother for the last hour or so I was there. She kept telling me she remembered when I won the baby pageant in Ozona, Texas. I don't think I've ever been to Ozona! Haha, or EVER won a pageant.

Seeing her tonight helped me remember how much I cherish her. I treasure those sweet moments I spent with her tonight. I hope to always remember them.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Giger said...

I'll be praying for her and for you and your family. Keep me updated on how she is!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash, I'm so glad you two girls show your love for your Nana as you do. You will always be glad that you did for many reasons.
How is your little "gut" feeling?
Sure hope I didn't give you bad advice on the phone the other night
I figured if it didn't get alright you would call me back.
I love you, Granne