Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day One

So this is Day One; Tony flew to Philly early this morning. We both bawled like babies, and the goodbye was one without enough words to adequately express the love we feel between the two of us. Maybe it was because we both did not want to say goodbye that made it so difficult. I know that I went home feeling like a hole had been dug in my gut with a sledgehammer. I felt like I should have said more, should have hugged tighter, should have kissed longer.

I spent the majority of my day with my dear friend Lyndsey, who came to support me in sending my wonderful husband off on his Broadway tour. We talked for hours, went out to eat, and watched Project Runway episodes. We ate ice cream, looked at magazines, and pretended it was a perfectly normal girls' weekend. It was so nice to not have to go to my apartment by myself.

So this is the end of Day One. One hundred twenty-two to go.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tony tried to call you today but accidentally clicked on my name on Skype and called me instead. So he hung up on me. Jerk. :P

Tony said...

hey baby - I was just noticing that the bass player on tour is married too! I'm glad I'm not alone. I like your blog. Especially the INFO part about what you like. Very Ashley.

Hugs and Kisses for the sweet one!

alice-anne said...

i kind of know how you feel...i'm sure sending brad to greece for three months isn't quite as hard as what you and tony are doing, but i know a little bit of how you're feeling. i promise it starts to get easier...eventually. i'm glad you have a girls' weekend to take your mind off of it. project runway and ice cream are a good remedy for just about anything. i'll be praying for you guys!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

You'll make it...won't be easy, but you both will make it...at least you have Skype and the internet to communicate so that's good! Hang in there!